Wednesday 22 August 2007

What Book am I?

Hmmm:




You're The Guns of August!

by Barbara Tuchman

Though you're interested in war, what you really want to know is what
causes war. You're out to expose imperialism, militarism, and nationalism for what they
really are. Nevertheless, you're always living in the past and have a hard time dealing
with what's going on today. You're also far more focused on Europe than anywhere else in
the world. A fitting motto for you might be "Guns do kill, but so can
diplomats."



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



First I got the Poisonwood Bible - then this - I'm not sure what to think!




You're Great Expectations!

by Charles Dickens

Coming from humble beginnings, you have become pretty stuck-up in your
later years. While hard work and dedication were the path you first walked on, a sudden
fork brought you glory and fortune. Unfortunately, you have changed even more than your
bottom line. You really should turn back to your old friends and at least respect your
old life. Look out for haughty hotties.



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.

7 comments:

Jenny! said...

Great Expectations...hmmm, I wonder if there is some kind of hidden meaning?

captain corky said...

I got Superman when I took the quiz. For some reason I always get Superman when I take these quizzes. Maybe it's all in my head. ;)

Nessa said...

This is me:

Mother Night!
by Kurt Vonnegut
Nobody knows what to believe about you, and you know least of all. You spent most of your time convinced that the ends justify the means, but your means were, well, downright mean! And the end is nigh. Meanwhile all you want is to travel back in time, if not to change, then to just delight in the way it used to be. You are who you pretend to be. Oh yes, you're the great pretender.

Anonymous said...

Yes! Mrs. Havisham!

AfKaP said...

Jenny, haha - not very hidden unless you mean tucked away in an unvisited house for dozens of years!

CC - Cool - You'd think I would have gotten Batman or something cooler!

GN - I don't know ifit fits you - but it is way cooler tan mine!

Yhanks, Min, I bet you got Crime and Punisment!

neroli said...

Cool---I got John Irving!!!!
A Prayer for Owen Meany.
Among other things, it says when I talk, IT SOUNDS LIKE THIS!!
Thanks, PW, I needed a boost today. It said nice things--even tho it describes Owen, I'll pretend it's me ;-)

AfKaP said...

Neroli - It describes both! I really wanted William Faulkner but couldn't seem to answer right for that.