Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Trollblume Progress

Here is my progress on my doily.

Sunday, 26 February 2012

Unsatisfactory work today

Well, I just couldn't get into my homework this time so it is unfinished.

Thursday, 23 February 2012

Trollblume Chart A finished

I think I'm using needles that are too small, but here is my Trollblume done through chart A.

Tuesday, 21 February 2012

A Few Manipulated Images

Recent Snow (part 2)

Here are a few more snow pictures.

Recent Snow (part 1)

It was one of those days when almost every photo had something interesting about it.

It was just a beautiful snow.

So off it was into the back yard to take a few images.

The fence was full of snow and made such perfect textural patterns.

Here's the family mansion! (wink!)

Many of the trees were spattered with snow, leaving lovely flocking on the trunks.

Monday, 20 February 2012

New City of Bottles

Today's piece. I did the wash yesterday and the drawing today. I don't know that I am particularly taken with it. They are starting to merge in my mind. It has a different composition than the others, but they are all starting to seem similar. I think I definitely need a new subject matter!

Sunday, 19 February 2012

New Drawing for art class

What a relief, my last drawings were well received for a change. I finally get ot move on. Here are the final versions of the last ones. The last three together:

I think this ne has improved a bit. There are better relations between the objects.

This is the last one.

This is the technique applied to a figure:

Wednesday, 15 February 2012

New Knitting and More Drawings

I started a Knit A Long in one of my Internet groups. We are doing a Herbert Niebling design called Trollblume - with some 14 rows done, here is what I have!

I worked a little on my last picture - trying to improve the eye movement. I think it is still too busy and needs toning down in some places.

The new one was an attempt at not rendering everything. It is probably still rendered too much, but I'm working on it.

The upper right side needs work.

Sunday, 12 February 2012

Class tomorrow New modified versions of old not-so Favorites!

So, I have art class again tomorrow and a new assignment (or rather the same assignment )- I am supposed to fix my old drawings. Here they are together on my studio "wall" so that you can see the relative densities and values.

I tried to improve the composition on the two assigned drawings, but also went back to some of the older ones and worked on them a bit. See if you think one or the other is more interesting visually. I've paired the new versions with the old ones:

This one was disliked by my teacher, and I liked it. Is it any better?

I played around a bit with the vine charcoal drawing too. (I do like the changes in this one a bit better.):

Okay now here is one of the assigned images. (I don't see much difference between the two images below!):

And this is the other:

The ones above have too much dark on the left - I'm going to have to lighten them a bit.

So now (drum roll please) .... here is the newest one.

The drawing itself isn't beautifully rendered, but I feel like I'm solving the problem of moving the eye around the image better and finding/setting a focal point too. I guess we'll see what the teacher has to say tomorrow.

Here is the new one with an earlier version, just for value comparison.

Okay - off to try and remove some of the dark on the left side of that one in the middle. (Oh, and the top versions are the new versions. I hope you could tell!)

Saturday, 11 February 2012

Yet another attempt an Interesting design (sigh)

I'm starting to feel lost among the (drawings of) bottles. This photo looks better than the original, but I don't know that it is any better than what has come before. I need to stop and look for awhile. I am losing my bearings.

Monday, 6 February 2012

More Drawing Changes

The photographs I have been taking haven't been great, but this gives an idea of the contrast of the early drawings.

The recent assignment was to bring up the (I think the values) of this piece. At first I had no idea what to do, but maybe I have figured it out. Here is the original.

Here are the changes I made. I think it is better.

Here is the second sketch that we had for homework.