Tuesday 7 August 2007

New Jewelry Old Camera



I look mahvelous! And we all know it is better to look mahvelous than to feel mahvelous! (Don't look too closely - you'll see that I just got up and have bags under my eyes, spittle on my lips and all that crusty stuff still in my eyes, nonetheless I am so excited about my new jewelry that I can't wait for the water swelling to go down even with the help of Preparation H.)

Yesterday not only did I get my new camera that I had been waiting for for SO long, but I also got jewelry I had ordered from polymer artist Nikki. It was a very happy day! I apologize in advance for the model, but I wanted to show off my new acquisitions and the talents of said artist, so I finally learned how to use the self timer on my old new camera and herewith present some of Nikki's lovely jewelry .

I have to admit I went a little crazy when I saw her web site. Here is a blue white combination with cool ear rings that I couldn't resist.



I was very taken by her red, purple and orange pieces also.



I know, can you believe I'm buying orange things (especially after what I said in an earlier blog?) In her jewelry it is so flashy and gorgeous!! This square piece is beautiful on both sides. This is the front...



But I like the back a lot too.



I end with my absolute favorites. These red and black earrings have a sparkly glitter in the red and they are dazzling and just my style!! I'm wearing them at this very moment!!



and Nikki those green eyes (uh shoes?) are on the other feet!

11 comments:

captain corky said...

I like your new jewelry! But all of sudden I feel like I'm under your power. ;)

AfKaP said...

Cork, Keep your eye on the medallion and repeat after me, " I will deliver a pound of Sushi to the Artist Formerly Known as Purpleworms!" (grin)

laurie said...

i love the square one.

AfKaP said...

Laurie - Isn't it fabulous! She made matching earrings which I foolishly did not buy!

Anonymous said...

You are totally hot! And believe me, I totally thought about keeping the red earring for myself!! (you rock!)

Unknown said...

Omg, I totally know what to send you now. Listen. I was waiting for inspiration. Plus, the post office isn't anywhere nearby. And, a lot of other stuff has been happening. But I haven't forgotten and now I'm totally inspired.;). Keep an eye on the post. I'll get your prize out by the 12th -- promise!

Lovely jewelry, btw.

My daughter did a jewelry making class the last day of term at school -- working with plastics. Came home with some fun (simple - but pretty good!) stuff.

neroli said...

oh, Darling, how I love to see you smile!
The colors suit you: perhaps one reason why orange exists?!?

PS to the Captain: it's about time that you've joined the rest of us who are under her power :-)

AfKaP said...

Mt spousal unit just asked why I look so bad in these pictures and then decided it was because I just got up. See what I mean!!

Anonymous said...

The reason you look so bad in those photo's is because spousal unit has forgotten how lucky he is to have such a lovely wife!!
I'd like to see how he looks in those earings.

AfKaP said...

Min - yeah, when he forgets, I get ugly

Neroli - it is an appealing orange.

Anonymous said...

you look great and so does your jewelry;)