Thursday 2 August 2007

Come to My House



According to IMDB News:

Thompson Desperate for 'House' Role

Emma Thompson is desperate to land a role in U.S. series House alongside her ex-boyfriend Hugh Laurie. Thompson, who is married to fellow British star Greg Wise, dated Laurie in the early 1980s and the pair remain close pals. And the actor is keen to have his former love appear in his hit TV series. He says, "She (Thompson) genuinely does watch it. It obviously goes out in a different season in the U.K. but she does follow the show and likes it very much and would love to be on it." But Laurie insists he won't use his celebrity status to command cameo appearances from his wide circle of celebrity pals. He adds, "Obviously I would never feel I was in a position to treat this as some sort of club, where I can have... 'Oh, just mention my name. They'll let you in.'"

This is like a wonderful dream! Could life ever get that good?

11 comments:

neroli said...

No Potter, no House.
I hope you still continue to entertain my visits here!
(*bowing and scraping*)

ChrisB said...

I expect we are at a different point here in the UK. I don't watch it but I do like Hugh Laurie we know him here for very different roles- (comedy). It's been in the news here about EThompson's wish to appear in the series - watch this space!!!

AfKaP said...

Neroli - I have my Pop culture vices, I'm afraid. I'm embarrassed for you to know!! (But you are always welcome here!!)

ChrisB - Yes, I think you are one season "behind". And I've enjoyed Laurie for a long time - especially in that old pseudo-historical series Blackadder with Rowan Atkinson. (Not a fan of Mr Bean, though as you may remember.)

Anonymous said...

Life could only get better if there was unlimited access of dark chocolate and one didn't gain a pound for eating it.

Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

i do love me some HOUSE! wondering if the 3 docs will be returning. hope so...i like that team.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm Dark chocolate!
Never seen 'House', but...Mmmmm Emma Thompson!

Nessa said...

I love Hugh Laurie and Emma Thompson, although I don't watch House.

Beccy said...

I've never house but love Hugh Laurie, he's was brilliant in Blackadder and so good as Bertie Mooster in Jeeves and Wooster. Emma Thompson is a fab actress as well. I think House is shown on a channel we can't get because I've heard it's good but never seems to be on here.

Pamela said...

guess I need to watch that show. I've seen it twice.

Anonymous said...

I first saw Hugh Laurie back in 1993 in the movie "Peter's Friends" along side of Imelda Staunton and Emma Thompson & Ken Branagh. I fell in love with him then and still adore him to this day. He is a top notch actor, extremely talented - just seems to come natural for him. Rarely do we have actors of his caliber, although some are mentioned (above).

AfKaP said...

I agree, Mystical Pippin, HL is good in just about everything he does! Thanks for the visit!