Wednesday 22 August 2007

Of Things Magical

I used to get all these little yarn swatches from this one knitting company (little pieces of yarn about 2-3 inches long in a variety of colors, sizes and materials) so I decided to make a magic ball. I tied all the swatches together and made a fairly decent sized ball of yarn - which I am now knitting into a narrow (and I suspect very short) scarf. I've been anxious to see what it might look like and am actually pretty happy with the results.



I also promised MIndy I would put up pictures of the Magic hat I got at Renaissance Festival. The thing about the hat is hat it is so ugly when it is not on anyone's head - but when worn it suddenly is the most beautiful and flattering hat one can imagine.



I look at this hat and am amazed that I paid top dollar for it. Here it is from the other side.




Now here it is on me (Sorry I'm tired and a bit dragged out - but still look how marvelous the hat looks!!) Isn't that incredible!?

11 comments:

Nessa said...

That's an excellent idea for yarn. Your scarf looks great. I love the hat. It looks fantastic on you.

ChrisB said...

The 'hat' definitely needs to to be worn! What a novel idea for using pieces of wool.

Tiggerlane said...

Awesome hat! And if that is your "dragged out" look - you are a natural beauty!

AfKaP said...

Thanks, Nessa - It takes two ugly beat up things and transforms them - truly magic!

DhrisB - Do you think it is lonely and perks up wit company?

Tiggerlane - Photoshop is bitchin'!

Anonymous said...

Hee. My hat now! Sisters share.

neroli said...

It's a Happy Hat!
Yarn? Kewl.

AfKaP said...

Min - Come by and pick it up any time - I'm sure it would look great on you! Of course I might need your leggins!

Neroli - A very happy hat indeed!

The Ferryman said...

WTF? I think that's my hat...

Pamela said...

the hat plus the scarf
thats what I want to see next..(ps. love love love the colors and texture of the scarf!!)....
Together they will keep your thoughts warm and fuzzy.
(:

For the Love... said...

I tried the magic ball-I managed to make a scarf so horrible..seriously should have paid better attention to the way I joined the colors.

Thinking about taking the scarf to Enterprise and wrapping around the boll weevil monument.

AfKaP said...

Mr. Fabulous, since you love me, you won't mind that I stole it! (And I love that feature on your site that lets the reader follow the comments without returning to the site over and over (I will of course return to your site since we love each other!))

Pamela - Great idea - but that scarf is not going to be neary long enough nor warm enough for a Minnesota winter

For the Love of - Gosh - every time someone mentions that "sculpture" I crack up for about thirty minutes!! I started off random with the yarn, but eventually started alternating the colors(red white red white, yellow, red, blue yellow) so that they would be likely to overlap themselves a bit and make bigger areas of color.