Thursday 9 August 2007

For Neroli

Neroli's Peter Gabriel video reminded me of this video I saw in an art museum in Perth. It was filmed in Central Park and shows some fascinating "plant life". I realize (the more I think about the themes of the Gabriel video that this is only distantly related ion terms of violence tothe environment perhaps - but I still adore this video and am interested tohear what everyone thinks about it!!)



The studio is called 1st Avenue Machine alias "Sixes Last" and the direction was by Arvind Palep.

1 comment:

neroli said...

Oh my goodness, thank you!---I absolutely *love* this work.
I'm so glad to know about it!

I really see in it the same kind of iconography that I was using the Gabriel videos as reference:
the passing of time, its quality of motion, and the perception of such in the iconography of a life---how there is a spectrum inferred, rather than a timeline...
my brain's muddled, but I'm certain you know what I mean.
You always do :-)
You've made my day...!