Thursday 9 August 2007

Huh? (And one more thing...)

My newest camera takes the same compact flashcards as my oldest (broken) camera. When I downloaded the first test pictures, I was also able to download the images that had been on the older camera when it broke. Frankly I had forgotten all about them except for the fact that my sister and I had concluded that I had tried to take a picture of a pig - becasue we have an understanding of a great photographic truth - snap a pig, break your camera. When I looked at the images, I was a bit surprised, particularly by this one taken at a rest stop on the way home.



No, I can't explain it - hide and seek maybe. Sudden bathroom urge for the person or a dog that needs privacy for same? Who knows!

There was a travelling carnival in the parking lot that day and I took this one of a ride on one of the trucks. I quite like it and glad I have recovered it.



In the mean time, I've been reading up on the Nikon D200 - (the newest camera) and if the sun comes out today I hope to take a few more test pictures. So far it is grey with little to no chance of rain - the worst of both possibilities.

Oh, yeah, and I asked Pamela at The Dust Will Wait if I could play with this really cool picture she tookof the reflection of Northwestern landscape in her humming birdfeeder sugar water. She did not respond so of course I took that as a yes and just couldn't resist even though her image is gorgeous!! Here is how I mangled her beautiful picture (Be sure to check out the originala t the link above).

First I cropped the original and upped the saturation:



Then the playing began.



Finally I went over the top or is that edge?

11 comments:

captain corky said...

I hope that person didn't get any ticks from sitting in the bush.

Anonymous said...

The last picture is great!!! Frame it!

AfKaP said...

Thanks, Nikki, - I'm thinking of doing a carnival series.

Corky - I'd worry more about chiggers!

neroli said...

I like the images you've played with...reminds me of the is-it-a-vase-or-is-it-the-space-between-two-profiles-type of picture...
which for some reason prompts me to hear that famous scene from "Chinatown:"
"my daughter!*slap*my sister!"

I like the colors in all your images. What an excellent painter you are.

Pamela said...

the purple one is fantastic.... wow!!!!

I don't know how to use photo shop - and am always amazed at what people can do!!!

Pamela said...

oh ps

can I now borrow the purple one and put it on my blog (giving you credit of coursse!!!!)

AfKaP said...

Neroli -Ow - that's a painful scene!

Pamela - Of course you can!

Nessa said...

I love the photo of the ride. It makes me think of bubble gum and hard candy.

The last photos are cool. The world on neon fire.

Debs said...

Beautiful job!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that the pig picture didn't come out, but then...they never do.
Lovely lovely pics!

Anonymous said...

So cool - I need to play around with Photoshop some more!!!