Thursday 16 August 2007

How To Choose an Entry Door?

I can't make up my mind about a new door. The old one leaks so much air that it needs to be replaced ('cause in winter it gets COLD!) I've done a hasty photoshop job so if you have any ideas let me know. I love my old door (It is the one with the three vertical little windows. )



I love the extra side panel, but can't figure out how to do a storm door with the side panel and we need to be able to open the door and let some air in in the Summer 'cause it gets hot (and we don't have air conditioning.)



Do I go 3/4 panel of glass or full? Should I paint it red or spend more for wood? Should I pay extra to enlarge the door for an extra(only one) panel or just stick with a door alone? What do you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Full glass. No side panel.
Problem solved.

dieter said...

A good heavy door is best they take all kinds of abuse, dont buckle bend or spilt and some kind of paint is needed depending on what you like. I'm more a natural timber type.Keep it light and happy.

ChrisB said...

Are you sure you won't get side tracked by the views of others!! Personally I don't like the side panel it would be too fussy for me. I would also go for wood !! Hope you'll let us know what you finally decide!

neroli said...

3/4 + red + :)