Monday 11 June 2007

Shopping With the Spousal Unit

Shopping with Don can be quite an adventure. He has a very dry sense of humor and sometimes it is hard to tell that he is kidding. He likes to ask the check out clerks things like, whether all items that have prices ending in 33 cents are half off, or whether you get a free watermelon if you buy a plum and a tomato at the same time. I have often had to stand and listen to a clerk giving a long explanation of the fact that they don't discount food in the check out aisle while I wait to pay for the groceries. I know I can't technically blame him for this incident, but still his conversation with the clerk must have had an influence on her!! (And he did make me take a picture of our clerk because she was such a neat stacker of food.) Look at the way she placed our groceries in the cart!



Here is the author of the job:



Finally I thought I would conclude with a few sunset pictures. Trite, I know, but we had a massive storm and it left us with cloud banks that gave us a lovely sunset even though we don't live on a coast.



A nice cap to the day!

5 comments:

ChrisB said...

I just love sunsets and those are quite beautifully dramatic. I wish the checkout staff in my supermarket could all pack well- some don't have a clue!!

AfKaP said...

Yes, Hawaii and Australia had some phenomenal ones! That reminds me I need to eat that corn on the top of the basket!!

Anonymous said...

Do Hawaii and Australia have phenomenal checkers at the supermarket? I'm moving!

AfKaP said...

I think in Australia we packed our own bags. I can't remember in Hawaii, but the susnsets were nice!

neroli said...

Thank you for the pictures! I don't know what I find more pleasing: the shopping cart picture, or the sunset pictures. I think the shopping cart might have the slight edge: I can just picture you and Don at the checkout. It brings back the memory of our visit at the coffeeshop, and of the goodwill and good company of you both!