Friday 8 June 2007

G is For Garden

Well, I've been out in the garden playing with my new toy. I clearly need to do some learning - there are so many options and menus and buttons that it will take me a very long time to become accomplished on this new instrument! Nonetheless - just by doing mostly point and shoot this is what I have come up with so far.

It is finally iris time here. (Much later than usual - but I am happy about this, because it allowed for me to see irises that I would have ordinarily missed because of our trip to Houston. This is the row of irises and daylilies along the front drive.



Here are a few individual shots of some irises that were blooming today. I have ordered and collected some rather expensive ones over the years, but then the iris borer arrived. The pesticides against these seem to confuse honey bees so I have allowed my collection to deteriorate over the years and pretty much am left with the more hardy standards depending on the foibles of fate.



I am rather fond of this dark dark one.



I will do a different post on the baby blanket and some playing with the zoom lens.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Takes nice pictures.

AfKaP said...

Yeah - it ahas a yellowish tinge and I'm not so practiced with it - but I think it will be okay once I get used to no viewfinder!

For the Love... said...

It does take good pictures, I would show you a picture of my yard but then again you could just close your eyes and picture a brown sheet of paper. Dust bowl city...

ChrisB said...

A whole host of lovely new pictures, beautiful colours. The dark one is very unusual.