Thursday 28 June 2007

Art Car Update

As some of you know, last Spring I allowed a College Art class to help me paint my Honda and turn it into an art car. Of course we worked on it all class long and then when the class was over. I drove home in my half-painted art car. I had promised my art teacher I would finish it up and register for the art car parade in Mid July. While one out of two aint bad! It has been so beastly hot of late that I simply have not wanted to paint, so with the cooler temperature today, I decided I had better get to work. This is pretty much what had been finished in my art class. (Today I put centers in the flowers, but otherwise the bats and vines were already completed.)



The hood (which is black because we hit a deer once coming home from the opera) needs more work. Last time I worked on the car I started the Maharajah and finished the woman on the left. I still have another complete figure, a cat and the rest of the Maharajah's fur coat to do on this part.



Today, however, I concentrated on the passenger's side of the car. It had been left the most incomplete from our first session. The bat near the rear of the car and the red flowers had been painted, but most of the vines had to be done along with the second bat.



That is what I accomplished today.

6 comments:

Tiggerlane said...

Fantastic car! My Offspring was sitting here, wondering where you lived...she wants to come work on it! That is right up her alley!

And I love your blog-name. You are officially added to my list!

laurie said...

ok, i have to ask--what was the deer doing at the opera?

hahahahahaa

Pamela said...

do you drive it around town. please carry a camera so you can record people reactions.

many years ago there was a car called a Pacer alot of windows.

I wanted to make a potted pacer (potted plant) out of it... and never followed through.

Nessa said...

Very cool. I had always wanted to do murals on my car.

AfKaP said...

TL - Rural Minnesota send her on over!

Laurie- Don't the deer in your part of the world attend the opera? I've heard that some places aint got no culture, but really!!

Pamela - I have driven around townin the half finished car and I do get a few looks - but Minnesotans for the most part (like the English) are embarrassed on your behalf - so they very politely pretend like there is nothing out of the ordinary. A potted pacer would be SO cool!

GN - You SHOULD do that , then Pamela, yo and I could get together for our own parade!

Anonymous said...

Wow that is amazing