Tuesday 8 May 2007

Tuesday's Lizards

My sister Mindy sent this image. Now she has decided to go the William Morris (wallpaper pattern) direction. (Although it would be a pretty busy room with wall paper that striking! I'd paint one wall red and one black and one red and put this on the fourth wall in that case.



I find it to be quite Escher-like. Quite compelling!

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Esoterica sent this lizard image. I'm quite taken with it. It also has a graphic quality (which seems to be favored by these Photoshopping type programs). I like the color subtlety (which might surprise anyone who sees my images - since subtle is not my middle name!



The actual lizards get strong focus by bringing down the colors of the rest of the image.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

I'm submitting two versions of the same picture. This is the more subtle picture in terms of color. I am enamoured of these colors. I would not really have thought to put them together if the program hadn't come up with them, but I think I may try to work with them in terms of painting.



Here is a more vibrant version of the same picture. I've been interested in thethese ultra and aquamarines and also dreaming of oil paintings with these colors.

No comments: