Saturday 26 May 2007

A Mid Morning in the Museum District

During the afternoon we went to the Museum district, First we drove around the neighborhood and took pictures of interesting things we saw. I really liked these planets in a yard of flowers.



There were also some hoops.



I liked the colors in this yard.



These were ssome interesting glass laden sculptures.



I loved the porch on this house.



This was simply a grouping of objects of interesting colors on someone's porch.



Then we went to the Menil and looked at some of the surrealist and post-modern works.



For lunch we went to Nit Noi. This wa a bit of a nostalgia trip for me since we used to dine there fairly regularly when we lived in Houston 18 years ago.



They'd moved into a new space and had lovely murals on the walls. Even the bathroom was painted.



On our way back to Spring Branch we saw this guy!

1 comment:

ChrisB said...

These are lovely sculptures, just the sort of places I would love to visit. I had a laugh at the last one!!