Saturday 19 May 2007

On Retreat




I'm on a writer's retreat right now at a lovely rural place called Koinonia. I've been working on scholarly articles, so there is nothing to blog about there, but the Retreat center is on some pretty property in central Minnesota, where Spring has finally arrived. The iris are blooming and the birds are atwitter. I took a very early morning walk just as the sun was about to rise and saw only backlit birds, but I distinctly heard, cardinals, chickadees, a woodpecker, and a phoebe as well as a rather disgruntled squirrel who wanted me out of her territory immediately. This place has many more comforts than home including a sauna, a pool table and ping pong. It is a wonder I can get anything accomplished here at all!

3 comments:

Beccy said...

Sounds idyllic...enjoy.

Jana said...

Hi , My name is Jana like your blog Look's like you really like nature
XOXOXOXOOX jana

ChrisB said...

Now relaxing in a sauna sounds wonderful after an early morning walk.