Thursday 1 November 2007

Boot Update



Well, it seems like I was too optimistic in thinking I might be able to wear boots without inserts. While they work fine at home, It turns out that in order to walk as fast as everyone else I have to be able to put solid pressure on the heel and in these moccasins I can't do that without some padding, so I have pulled out the insert that came with the boot and put my own inserts inside. I had to trim them and unfortunately (of course) I trimmed one too short so now I am gluing the toe tip back on with conveyor belt cement (I just happened to have some in my glue drawer! Doesn't everyone?) After a 24 hour wait period I will try again., I am optimistic. The right side (that I did not trim too much) feels good and I predict the left will do well too; however in order to get the best possible fit this means that when I order the big boots I will have to make another cast of my foot with the insert inside my sock before I place the new order. I think it was worth a try without the inserts, but now I know that for me the inserts work best.

No comments: