Friday 23 November 2007

Look What I Bought!

Look what I bought at the hardware store yesterday!



Do you know what it is? Here's a better look:

:

Well, okay, I only bought the bottom part - I made the top part. Hooray for Sculpey!! I don't know if it will withstand our horrible colds - but I thought I would give it a try!! Now I need to varnish it!

Why was I doing that? Well, I kind of told Michael's I would offer a class in making jewelry from Sculpey when I've never done it before - so I thought I had better try to figure it out!! Here is what I did:



I stole shamelessly from the real jewelry artist Nikki. (Her link doesn't seem to be working at the moment). She sold me some beautiful pieces (necklace and earrings featured at the bottom left of my picture above. Also see my August 7th post for more images of her work.) Hers are the pretty ones in the picture!! She is obviously much better at this than I - she has round beads and beautiful shapes in her work - mine are lopsided and weird - but at least I've got the general idea. My lace beads did not turn out - so I will have to work on them again.

I said I wasn't going to do anything much for Thanksgiving - well - here is the meal.



I forgot to make the soup, so maybe that is okay! It wasn't beautiful, but it tasted pretty good.



And I cooked for a crowd - so we'll be in gravy for a few days!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew what the eyeball was, but only because I knew what the eyeball was.

I like the jewelry!

Nessa said...

Merry Belated Turkey Holiday. Come see my gobbler.

Lovely jewelry.