Wednesday 31 October 2007

The New Boots Are Here

So my new boots from Sodhoppers have arrived! I am very excited and have spent the afternoon breaking them in. I had a very difficult time deciding what to order, because I usually wear inserts to help me with my plantar fasciitis, but after talking to other people who suffer from the same problem I was very unsure whether to measure my foot with or without the inserts. I decided to go for a less expensive (fewer button) pair until I have a chance to decide whether the inserts are a good idea or not. (Since the boots are measured precisely to one's own feet there is not enough space to insert anything additional if the foot is not measured with the insert.) I opted to try without the insert first. Of course for Halloween to day I wore some very uncomfortable shoes with my Goth costume, so I can't really tell from today whether my feet hurt from those other shoes I wore before I got my new shoes or whether I really need the inserts for the moccasins. So I will wear them around a bit and then order the calf length boots after i am certain about what is better.



Here they are in all their glory. I am happy to see that they don't look like bowling shoes. I like them quite a bit so far.

2 comments:

ChrisB said...

Enjoy your boots :)

Nessa said...

Very nice. They look comfortable.