Wednesday 7 November 2007

Rottin' World

Yes, I have more! I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel, but then again I'm sure that is a great place for fungus - it is dark, dank, humid - all the things favored by a fugus.

So here is the last of the fungus series.

This is another tree fungus.



These were adorable little buttons - you can see the size compared to my boot (I'm size 6 1/2 - 7 if that is helpful in determining size. Toe is about 4" across one inch into the foot)



This yellow one was quite fetching:



...and I'm not sure if the domed one is just a version of the flat yellow one or if it is another kind - the variety of form and color is quite astounding. (I wish I had had more time to look - I'm convinced that there were plenty more out there to be found if I had had more time before the freezes started setting in.)

6 comments:

Tiggerlane said...

That last fungal photo is really pretty - fungus CAN be attractive!

Anonymous said...

You do have pretty fungus. Which is the kind that grows under toenails?

ChrisB said...

You might be interested in looking at this site you can link through to several hundred photos. Roger Phillips mushrooms

Anonymous said...

I think fungus can be quite beautiful.

But watch out for fairies.

Pamela said...

you have inspired me to make a fungus appointment with spring ( I hear the local mountains have a wonderful array)

Jenni said...

Very nice fungus pics! Pamela saw a recent post of mine and pointed me your direction. I'm so glad she did!