Sunday 25 November 2007

Doing the PC Thing

That's Polymer Clay for the uninformed. So here is what I spent my day doing (after I went to Micheal's and spent a bundle on spacer beads and tools for working with polymer).



I've discovered I'm much more interested in making beads than in making jewelry.(And I have to admit I could have bought some really nice jewelry for what I paid for beads today - but of course I have enough beads and clay for many, many more pieces, so I guess if I don't get bored, it will eventually have been a worthwhile investment.)

One interesting little experiment involved layering and then cutting and then rolling to get stripes. That was kind of fun.




Another experiment involved canes - doing beads with little color spots inside. The green necklace with the series of round beads surprisingly actually looks better on a neck than on a table! (And I got the clasp twisted and had a really hard time getting it off. I was afraid I was going to have to sleep in it, because I did not want to wake up my husband for help getting it untangled.)

Another experiment involved printing a design with the inkjet printer and then transferring it to a bead. Blue ink did not work at all, and black seemed to work to some degree. The yellow bead has a printer pattern on it.



The blue necklace unfortunately turned out to be a bit too busy, so I will have to try again with thse beads and see if I can make a better setting for the marble blue beads.



All in all, I feel like I have accomplished something today even if I don't know exactly what.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. Is this what we're getting for Christmas?

AfKaP said...

You guessed it!! You're getting the yellow transferred disk!

Pamela said...

That one reminds me of tropical fish.