Friday 30 March 2007

Friday's Feast Questions

FRIDAY'S FEAST




Appetizer

What are you proud of?

I'm proud of my creative work and my writing in particular.

Soup

What is the best thing you’ve ever won as a prize?

A Tshirt with my story on the back of it. Check out this web site Write Side Out to read the short short story and see the super cool T-shirt - I'm down at the bottom of the page - the story is called "Editorial License" It is short enough to fit on a T-shirt so check it out!

Salad

Name something you do that is a waste of time.

I play way too much computer solitaire (I love Spider and 40 Thieves). Eric's Ultimate Solitaire !! The greatest solitaire collection for the card generation!

Main Course

In what year of your life did you change the most?

1969, I was uprooted and moved from a nice easy-going community to a very differnt kind of one. The loss of old friends and family and the realization that the world can be a pretty unfriendly place persoally and politically crushed me. I bec ame very political.

Vegetable

What do you wish you would spend more time doing? (I make up my own veggie/health question)

Of course exercising and being helthy is a natural answer - but I think conversations with my husband and friends rank high here. I live such a busy life that I feel I don't get a chance to be with the inner circle as much as I would like. I miss those deep, but intimate conversations in a restaurant or over coffee or tea - they are the happiest moments in my life.

Dessert

Where is a place you consider to be very tranquil?

The cemetery - I adore cemeteries. I love to walk amongst the graves and read the tombs and think. Any walk in nature is a reassuring place for me.

6 comments:

Beccy said...

Your Friday feasts are so interesting, love the veggie questions.

I'm very impressed with your award, very clever story.

Also you managed to download the icon, I couldn't!

AfKaP said...

Hi, Beccy,
Thanks - you are always so generous with your praise! I'll try and email you the link for the logo (although - doesn't connect to the website - it is just the logo.)

Anonymous said...

I didn't even really start liking you until 1969.

AfKaP said...

Our confrontations of our failings makes us better people I guess - were you even conscious before 1969? You were minus three years old, right? Of course I was only two!!

Anonymous said...

nice graveyard

ChrisB said...

The picture of the graves reminds me of one of the places I used to play as a child. There was an old stone grave behind the church with a stone called the devil's chair and us kids used to be fascinated and scared of sitting in it; but nevertheless daring each other to do so.