Saturday 3 March 2007

Updated Paintings

Well now, I've had a pretty productive day and just finished putting the touches on my image for Mindy's Fun Monday meme on the worst opening sentence for a novel. I still have to write the sentence, but for all the nice people I've met in the last few days, I recommend you not stop by on Monday as my sentence and image won't be terribly pleasant and may perhpas be viewed as being in poor taste.

I can't claim to have done much work today - but Don and I went out for Mexican food which made me homesick for Houston and warm weather!

In the mean time, I have been painting a bit today and improved on my two pictures, so I'm going to post the updated versions with the originals. I still have a way to go (and have so little interest in painting vegetation that I don't know how I'll ever get myself to fill in the courtyard flowers, let alone the salad on my spousal unit (Don)'s plate.) I fear Australia is taking on a dark and dreary look because of my fatigue with Winter here in Minnesota. It really is time for winter to be over.




The courtyard still needs straighter lines, but I'll just work on this one slowly, a little at a time:
...
...
...
...
...
...
...





.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.




As far as the picture of Don goes, it is improving slowly. I must have worked on the nose for hours and still do not love it, but in general the image looks more like him than it used to.

I'm real interested ot see what people do for their Fun Monday posts, I'm glad we do not have to wait too much longer.

2 comments:

Beccy said...

I'm kind of struggling with my Fun Monday post, your sister choose a very hard one this week!

It's great seeing you progress with your paintings.

Anonymous said...

I love that last picture.

You are really very talented.