Tuesday 20 May 2014

Paris Afternoon of the First day

So, after getting set up in the hotel I took a walk around Paris. I decided to take a walk along the Seine, because it was a beautiful, warm, sunny day. 



  

There is an open air sculpture park that lines the river and many people were out enjoying the day.






And before I knew it, I had reached the iconic sight of Paris.


I think I'll do a separate blog on Notre Dame, but I want to conclude this post with a few commentary photos.

There are monuments to the fallen in lots of places, but it always surprises me that people remember the fallen so lovingly in France. You see all kinds of flowers left as a sign of this remembrance.


Paris isin a growing phase right now and this sentiment about building made me laugh and cry at the same time.
 

Of course this was a disturbing sight - a load of coal heading up the Seine. I took this picture for my friend Maureen.
 

I passed this object as I headed to Notre Dame. In a way this is the essence of Paris to me.
 





..

No comments: