Wednesday 28 May 2014

Dinner Continued and on the way to AFEA conference Friday (Part 1)

Because I was running out of space on my computer, I seem to have stored pictures in three different places, so here are a couple more of the evening at the restaurant.




We really did have a great time!


The next morning for some reason I got up too late to make the first session which was at 8:45 in the morning. So I took a leisurely walk through the Jardin des Plantes  on my way to attend Janet's presentation.


I had more time to explore and to plan my shots, so there are a few more complex images here.




Most of these images really speak for themselves.


There are a variety of museums in the garden including things dealing with natural history and skeletons.

The irises were already blooming. (None of mine back home have begun to blossom yet.)


There was a very colorful Iris garden (but no deep blue like you see in the Impressionist paintings. I'm beginning to think they invented that kind as I can't find them anywhere, it's search for the Romantic blaue Blume!


There was an orangish one though!


I can't resist taking these pictures although I'm sure I would get in trouble if these people knew I had done so. (You can't really recognize them, though.)


This may be my favorite picture of the trip. This one colored Fuchsia set against the green of the leaves behind it and some vague white blossoms.


There's nice texture in this image.


You can see where ivy used to grow on this building. It is like some kind of delicate watercolor painting.


This was a grafitto or cheery street that I saw on my way to the University.



No comments: