Wednesday 26 August 2009

A Walk Around Naha

Here are a few images from a walk I took in the afternoon around Naha City. This was the parking lot behind the hotel. I really liked the relationship of the colors of the cars (which didn't really come out well in the photo)


On a tropical island, I was fascinated by the boxiness of the housing. I realize that flat roofs allow the heat to dissipate, but it seems so antithetical to the surrounding jungle to see all these geometric boxes.


The roof tiles are a newer addition (since the 1950s) - They are nonetheless beautiful and speak to the connection to mainland Japan.



Activities unseen.


Laundry day.


Shisa watching over the garden and home.



A wisp of the organic amongst the human constructions.



The famous Okinawa water tank on the roof of a building.


I clearly have not lost my obsession with boxes!

No comments: