Thursday 20 August 2009

Last Aquarium Pictures

Here are the last set of photos from the Churaumi Aquarium. Mostly the images speak for themselves. The ice cream below is made of the famous Okinawan blue sweet potato. It is okay, but I like other kinds of ice cream better.


Evidently this character has something to do with the coast guard.



Now the pictures of the beautiful fishes begin.















Those orange things on the wall are alive too.




The Liuon fish are my favorite pictures of this group - they look surreal.


Pencil fish.





These guys were tiny and amazing!



These are from the big tank which did not photograph well.




More of the weird garden topiary stuff.


This was an interesting fountain because some of the streams went backwards (up into the upper levels instead of down.)


The Pineapple Park (we did not go to it. Looked very touristy)


View out the window ont he way back to camp.




Councilors in the class room.



Another of my favorite aquarium pictures. This guy looked so thoughtful and intelligent. He is a little larger than life size here and I swear he was communicating with me. He kind of looks like my dog!


2 comments:

Pamela said...

that last fish -- I think I recognized him.

It was my 5th grade teacher.

AfKaP said...

That fish was spookily aware of what was going on. I wouldn't try any shenanigans in your fifth grade class if your teacher was like her!