Sunday 9 August 2009

Flight to Okinawa

The flight to Okinawa involved one of the largest planes I have ever flown on. It was a double decker with 10 seats across and was more than half empty.



Our flight attendant, Risa, was the most pleasant and helpful person I have ever seen. Her smile glowed and she pointed out sights to me and let me know that Mount Fuji could be seen on the other side of the plane. Unfortunatley I did not get a good picture of Risa.

I got to sit by the window and look out on the ocean and some of the Japanese landscape.

The view of Tokyo from the air was a bit smoggy, but you can still see a bit of the city.



As we left the Tokyo area, we passed over this spectacular river.



This peninsula jutted out to the south.



I have already posted a view of Mt Fuji, but here is a slightly different view.



As we got close to Okinawa, you could see the reefs and the brilliance of the water around the islands.



This is the coast along the south part of the main island.



When we landed we saw this unusual airplane at a nearby gate.



None of my pictures do it justice, but the airport is decorated with rows of potted orchids. I have never enjoyed the decor of an airport more than this one.

2 comments:

okinawa said...

They let you take pictures out the window?

AfKaP said...

Gosh I hope I didn't do anything wrong. I have a big manual camera, so maybe it was okay.(?)