Friday 11 September 2009

Schaumburg Renaissance Hotel and Stitches Friday

A few pictures from my day. This is part of the market. I love that shirt hanging up in the booth.


The Renaissance Hotel is very stylish. I feel a bit guilty going there because today as I drove over I saw that one of the unions is on strike against it. I don't know the details. There are many places to sit near the convention center. Here are a few of the areas that are so stylishly designed.

This is the "food court". Wow! In the evening those gauze hangings have colored lights shown on them.


This is also an upstairs seating area.


These were some of my class members for learning about Japanese knitting.


These were some of the things we learned n Lily Chin's class: Casting on to match bind offs, how to do button holes and joins etc.


These are the swatches I did for my Learning about Japanese knitting class.



My next post I'll write a bit about the evening's fashion show, which was marvelous!

No comments: