Wednesday 9 September 2009

Hotel Heaven


I've really been looking forward to my Knitting Conference coming up this weekend. It was like that oasis waiting for me after all the hassles of organizing the trips to California, Okinawa, the upcoming one to Delaware (and one to Las Vegas too.) When I finally got all the details for California and Okinawa and the Chicago trip nailed down, I was thrilled - I'd gotten the transportation tickets and after brooding over hotel choices in Schaumburg I thought I had gotten everything taken care of. Yesterday as I packed my bags and car, I suddenly realized I couldn't find the confirmation of my Schaumburg hotel. I searched my email (sent and received and even called most of the hotels near the conference to see if I had made a reservation - NOTHING! Maybe I hadn't nailed down all the details after all, so there I was making a reservation the night before my trip! So looking at all the choices I could pay a lot and be near the conference or go with a cheaper place farther away. Since I had decided to drive, I thought - what the heck - I might as well try something a bit different. I love having a refrigerator in my room (It's that diet cola habit) so when I found this inexpensive place with free internet AND a refrigerator for a VERY reasonable price, I decided to go for it. Of course with last minute reservations I thought I would be disappointed, but au contraire. It is an absolutely beautiful hotel. Spacious, clean, nicely decorated, a million cable stations a pool and work out room. I could go on and on. I am SO thrilled. Here are a couple of pictures!



You can't really tell how big the room is, but it is luxuriously large!


I love the soothing green bedding and trim! There is a closet with sufficient numbers of hangers and with DOORS! I am REALLY happy with the place!



So if you ever need a place to stay in Schaumburg - try the Comfort Syites Hotel near Woodfield mall.

No comments: