Friday 21 September 2007

The Pleasures of being a Winner

At last, I am finally feeling better and the postal service played in perfect pathetic fallacy (that's when nature or the weather emulates your mood) by providing me with an uplifting gift from Tiger Lamb Girl. Many weeks ago I participated in a guessing contest on TLG's blog concerning some relatively unusual objects. After harassing her to death to find out what the objects were, she decided to award me a prize (mostly I imagine to get me off her back!) Wait until you see what she sent! These are definitely one of a kind objects - perfect for pepping up an ailing artist and vanquishing illness and self-pity from the premises!

First I got this:



And then when I turned it over - this lovely gentleman came into view.



I am thrilled and joyous to be thus honored! If that doesn't drive away the evil rhino invaders, nothing will. I am sure I will be healthy from now on!

6 comments:

Nessa said...

You are very lucky to receive such talismans.

Anonymous said...

Cool gifts!! Not even your birthday.

ChrisB said...

What fun gifts; glad to see you're feeling well enough to post.

AfKaP said...

Nessa - Yes - I feel very fortunate

Min - Yup - not a birthday (don't need any extra of those!)

ChrisB _ Thank you - it is good to be back!

Enemy of the Republic said...

Congrats. I love that heart.

Unknown said...

I'm so pleased you liked the talisman. I can't remember if I told you where I got it...but it was given to me in Africa.

And when you showed your jewelry a few weeks back - the talisman popped into my head and I thought, 'That's it!'...so that's how that decision was made. Then, of course, I had to decide how to send it. Initially I was going to put him on a black cord, but then remembered this wildly delicious pillow that just screamed 'PurpleWorms' to me - and so it was done.

Glad to hear you're feeling better.
xo