Monday 10 September 2007

Fun Monday - Beautiful Creatures with nasty effects





I guess like several people whose blogs I've read to day - that I'm a loser! Nikki challenged us to do something nice for someone else and I have failed miserably - In fact I have failed in inverse. I caught a really, really bad cold this weekend with lots of nasty symptoms I won't go into and so the only person I have been compassionate to is myself. My spousal unit on the other hand did a kind deed and the klnd of kind deed of which Nikki wrote. This morning he came in and gave me a foot massage (unrequested) to help me get back to sleep after a particularly bad coughing fit! That is certainly the spirit of the assignment - wish I had been the giver and not the recipient (- well, except the way I feel right now - I don't really! I'll just have to do a double good deed when I get back on my feet.)

16 comments:

Beckie said...

Feel better!

Beccy said...

Well done to your hubby and at least you were involved in the good deed.

I hope you feel beeter soon.

Anonymous said...

Awww not getting up and spreading your virus around is doing a good deed :o) Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon. What an awesome spousal unit!

Anonymous said...

Bad cold suck. That was nice of your hubby to do that.

My throat is scratchy right now and I am fearing a cold.

The Ex said...

Feel better soon!!!

ChrisB said...

He'a a star - I could just do with a foot massage! Hope you feel better soon, wish I lived close I would bring you home made soup but your good deed would be promising not to share the germs :)

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon and bless your sweet hubby!

AfKaP said...

Thank you everyone for your sympathy. I've had to call off several appointments and a clas today because of this silly rhinovirus.

Unfortunately, Joy, I did have to spread it some cause - there was one class I couldn't afford to cancel.

Nikki, I'm wearing yoiur earrings in a feeble attempt to make myself feel better.

Take those vitamins, Karmyn!

ChrisB, Lisa Beccy - Yup, he is a good one! He always comes through in a pinch.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear you've been unwell.

Colds are opportunities for a good clear out;). Rest easy and take care of yourself. Hot toddies, vicks and loads of fluids along with the tlc you're already getting should have you back up to speed in no time;). (thowwy - my homeopath hat is hard to take off sometimes!)

Okay. I can officially say, with hand on heart: now that both my children are safely (and happily - thank God!) tucked into boarding school - I finally have time to wrap a certain something up and actually get my ass to the post office and send it off. This week. I swear. And I hope you're not too bothered that it's taken me so long. Life's been a fast roller coaster for many weeks now, but I'm plowing through my to-do list and you've moved to the top;).

Feel better soon. xo

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Wow! I am so jealous!

Anonymous said...

Get Well Soon Nutso. the blogoshpere misses you.

neroli said...

Take good care, darlin.'

Pamela said...

now that is fine service. There is nothing better than having a foot massage (unless it's another foot massage served with blueberries and wine)

Anonymous said...

i hope you get to feelin better real soon!!!

take care;)

Tiggerlane said...

At least you were the recipient of a good deed! That HAS to count for something!

Hope you feel better and the snot ceases to flow.