Monday 24 September 2007

New Dreams

Well, I talked to my bootmaker today and there is a new wrinkle. He doesn't do leather tooling, so my raven wing design is too complicated and had to be reconfigured. He said he could do the other design no problem and a simplified form of my deisgn would cost roughly the same amount as the other design. This is a hard choice, as I really like that other "borrowed" design. In the mean time I decided to redesign my boot in a way that it would not have to be tooled and the boot maker could manage it. Here is what I came up with.



Then I decided to see what it would look like with a moon. I tried a crescent moon first.



Then I moved it around.



Finally I tried a full moon.



And then there are those other ones!



Decisions! Decisions!! I'm so bad at decisions!

6 comments:

Debs said...

Those are too cool!!

Pamela said...

full moon.

Nessa said...

Maybe you could make a pair of uppers from cloth exactly the way you want them for summer boots and sew them to light leather soles.

AfKaP said...

Nessa,

I have very seriously been considering making them myself. I have nver worked with leather, but I think I could do it!

AfKaP said...

pamela - I think I am leaning toward the full mon too, but I like the simplicity of without also.

Thanks Debs!

Anonymous said...

That would be a hard decision to make!!! those are all so nice;)