Friday 30 July 2010

Small Pleasures

My hen and chicks is blooming (I don't have any chicks yet, but I was surprised to see that the plant blooms on a stalk and has a very other (science fiction) worldly kind of appearance.)


When I went to the egg lady this week, I couldn't resist these gorgeous gladiolas. They are in the living room and I am so enjoying their full saturated colors.


Finally I  thought I should give an update on what I am knitting. I have this funky yarn that I just didn't know what to do with. I am trying to manipulate the variegation, but it is irregularly patterned so that isn't working so well. Nonetheles, I am carrying on with Vicki Square's Dogi from Knit Kimono.



I can't tell yet whether I'm going to like it or not . I'm carrying a lavender yarn with the variegated to mute it a bit.  I think this is as good as it will get with this yarn.  Below is a picture of what the finished object might resemble.


Linked From : asthebunnyspins.blogspot.com

No comments: