Tuesday 6 July 2010

Work on Painting and More Garden

Today was productive. I managed to get some writing done and even had time to paint. Here is the progress on the second in the series of Afghani women.


I also finally got around to filling in the pattern of the skirt. I still need to do some shading so that it is more than a flat area, but I need it to dry a bit first. I'm still trying to decide whether it makes the painting too busy or creates the effect I want.


I'm also trying to frame the old series. Man I am a lousy framer. I guess professional  framers don't use popsicle sticks, so maybe that's my mistake:


Here are some of the finished frames around their paintings. Of the nine in the series I have about 5 done and another 3 miscellaneous paintings in the process of being framed.


The garden just keeps getting more colorful. 


Here are some shots of the red and white garden to show that there actually is a preponderance of red and white in it (despite the orange and blue flowers that seem to pop up from time to time.)



The day lilies on the west side of the drive are just starting to bloom. Soon it will be a wall of color, but for now it is subtle and a bit cloying.




No comments: