Wednesday 7 July 2010

Some Minor Adjustments

Today I cleaned up some of my old paintings. I'm going to take them by a local coffee shop tomorrow and see if they might be interested in hanging them on the walls. I've been framing, but unfortunately I bought the wrong sized framing material, so I can't frame as many as I had hoped. Here are the new versions juxtaposed to the old versions.  Mostly I was cleaning up lines, so the changes might not be too obvious.



Maybe I like the old version of this a bit better! This is the new version of the dead man. I hated the figure on the left - he looked so mechanical and toyish although in my photo he was very military and precise (which is a similar appearance.)





I like the changes in this one the most. It looks smoother and just a lot more childlike (I rounded the child's cheeks and enlarged the head to make the child more toddlerlike. I want to tone down the black along the back area still.



I smoothed out some minor flaws in this one. Made the bandana more nuanced and changed the child's lips.


Here are the two new ones. I have finished the Walking Women, I think. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture in natural light, so the color is way off on this image. I'll take a new one tomorrow.




Here is the progress on the newest one. I'm still laying in the ground, so it won't look like anything for a while.
 



No comments: