Wednesday 4 August 2010

Whatever Gets You Through the Write

I rearranged the top of my computer tower today to give me some much needed support for my creative endeavors.  I find I'm inspired by toys and although I had to remove a lot of stuff from up there to make it more meaningful, there are still enough companions  there to keep me writing, painting and thinking playfully.


How many objects can you  identify?  Left to right there are Callisto (from Xena) and RiffRaff from Rocky Horror. Below them are a Ring Wraith, Giles and Angel (from Buffy) and behind them is Aragorn. Next to him are my brushes an artist's wooden modeling figure and behind them my inspiration - a water color done by my mom. To the right is Xena and an art deco lamp that I got at a garage sale. Above them is a glow in the dark plastic jelly fish. In the center is Robbie the robot surrounded by Egyptian god statues and wearing a belly dance neck piece. To the left of them are a piece of coral to remind me of my Florida roots, some paper drawers and a stuffed cat figure from Japan sitting on the jaw bone of a small mammal. Near it is a small ball of yarn and a glow in the dark stegosaurus. The silver box is a gift from my husband with an engraving of the moon on it. To the right of the sphinx is painted box I got in Russia and my Alien action figure. In the front right is my computer Buddha on a mirror with an acorn as a reminder of my sister S and a tiny beer mug given to me by my sister M. I have a small airplane to as a reminder of my dad.


Now I just have to figure out what to do with my Nightmare Before Christmas playing cards and my bubble soap, and my mini Godzilla figures and Faramir and ...

No comments: