Monday 10 August 2015

A Celebration in Chicago

My fabulous sister treated me to a pampered weekend in Chicago because I had a big birthday this year! I drove several hours to get there and she flew in to meet me and we got there at exactly the same time! On the way in I caught a glimpse of the famous city skyline.


We had a wonderful time. The city is very exciting and has much architectural history to recommend it.



We went to a lovely hotel called the Ivy Boutique Hotel. This is the lobby.


We had both a sitting area and a sleeping chamber. 


It was very elegant, with clean lines and nice controlled use of color. The bedroom was very restful.



The shower had a rain shower head and was stark and bare with strong textural detail.

 

 This is the view out of our window. That is the lake way down in the background

 

I liked the style although the maid service could have been better and I was hoping for a jacuzzi. We immediately went up to the terrace bar and had some lovely celebration drinks.





No comments: