Friday 14 September 2012

A Taste of Costumes to Come

I've been frantically working on my costume for the Renaissance Festival (which is only going to last a few more weeks. I've almost finished my petticoat. (I still have to hem the sleeves and finish one of the pieces of lace.) I finished up the skirt (but the farthingale collapses, so I am going to have to figure something else out for making the skirts stand out. Today I started work on the sleeves. I decided on a Spanish style sleeve, but am not yet satisfied. (I made the upper bell too small and the sleeve is too u.)

Nonetheless I can't resist at least putting up (a bad) picture of what I have been working on.



Tomorrow I'll adjust the size of the sleeves and work on the right side.  I also need to eventually do the cuts, but these probably won't happen for a while as it will take quite a bit of hand sewing.

No comments: