Monday 27 June 2011

Pictures For the Co-op

So here is a better view of the finished carrotometer.


I spent the morning getting it to the co-op (and then repairing it, because the carrot fell off in transit.) Then I hung paintings. Since our co-op aims to be one fo the first art and food co-ops in Minnesota we needed art, so I basically grabbed everything I could off my home's walls so that we would have a little color for our upcoming Fund-raiser. I don't have that much framed art of my own, so I grabbed anything that didn't have dead bodies and guns and ended up with four paintings. The spindles, and three Afghani war paintings, the jeep in the bombed area, the bicycle and the young Afghani girl. (You can click on the images to see the pictures better.)


Of course the nicer art was that by my Mom. Here style is defined and her technique is crisp and attractive. Below are three paintings, "Saying Goodbye" what I called "Blue Fantasy" (originally just titled "Blue" and one I call "Blue Tango".


The next pictures go so well with the green walls and wood of the co-op decor! (Although the image does not do this synergy justice.) These are "Family Outing," "The Airplane Plant," and "Departure for College."


"Flight of the Spirit" below was hung on the front wall and it looks perfect there. This one I had to reframe because it was coming out of its old frame and it now looks really good with its new mat board and thicker frame.


Next up some photos from our Fund-raiser

1 comment:

Pim said...

Very nice artwork. Sounds like it's going to be a very nice and comfortable atmosphere.