Thursday 8 April 2010

Dinner and Another Day at Sea

Our return from Seoul offered us Thai food night at dinner.  In general I found the food on board to be quite excellent, varied and certainly abundant. The chicken satay appetizer for example was outstanding.  Unfortunately for my tastes the rest of the Thai meal was not as piquant and delectable as I had hoped. Perhaps it was the rmembrance of the Korean street food, or perhaps I was just tired.


In the dusk we watched the land recede as we dined and then prepared for yet another day at sea (and thus some lecture classes with Lily.)


The seas were relatively calm and so I experienced almost no discomfort in the "pitching room from hell". We knitted and watched Lily regale us with amazing tales and patterns and as always learned incredible amounts to be used in future projects.  



Since we were working on design inspiration I was particularly pleased with this class offering and we were encouraged to look around us for ideas of new and interesting patterns and designs to knit.


Lily takes her teaching very seriously (while still keeping the atmosphere light and entertaining), but my shots of her in the classroom were thus too serious to post here (They belie the exuberance and beauty of the subject) so I have posted an image as one of my interludes (separate post) that represents the fun of the classes rather than supply a poorly composed image that misrepresents the experience.

That evening we celebrated Pam's (oh say it's not so!) 60th birthday. The woman doesn't even look like she is out of her 40s!!


It was formal night and the  occasion provide an extra air of je sais quoi that caused everything and everyone to sparkle.



Is there anything better than being with one's sister on a happy occasion?  Here Amy and Lily  make cute for the camera.


Rita seems to have enjoyed whatever was said and I can't tell if Judy is embarrassed or just distracted.



I told Shirley she had better check her luggage and make sure her jacket makes it back with her!



I love seeing men in bow ties (of course that's probably why I married one).



I like this picture of Janet who says she doesn't photograph well.


And when she's smiling, she is even more beautiful!



Of course we had to all sing happy birthday to the birthday girl.


Nothing like an appreciative audience!!


Of course there were presents!


And last of all cake!



We headed to bed eagerly anticipating the Craft Cruise organized yarn spree and tour of Beijing. It was a wonder any of us slept a wink! 


No comments: