Monday 2 November 2009

Hearth Pad

Well, it has taken days and days and about 20 trips to the hardware store! I seem to always be missing something (today it was a mason's trowel) but of course I didn't get to the thin-set this afternoon. I guess that will be tomorrow morning. I had all my tiles in order, but then the dog walked through and knocked everything about and I had to start over (like a big jigsaw puzzle.) The trim came in little 6 inch strips but it was designed to have right angle joins and I need a 45 degree angle join for the front so I had to do a little nipping and fudging. Unfortunately neither the tile scorer nor the masonry blade on my saw worked very well, so some of the tiles are irregular (I guess I should have sunk the $100 into the wet saw! Anyway, what do you think? Tomorrow the "glue" (mortar) FINALLY and then the grout and the grout sealer and I'm done!

No comments: