Tuesday 10 November 2009

A Few More Random Images

We are in the airport on our way home, so I don't have time or energy for coherent thought, but I thought I'd throw up a few more images of our trip.

I thought the color of the Southwest planes as we came in made this an interesting shot.


This is the MGM Grand across the street from our hotel. We actually did end up spending a fair amount of time there. They have a lion environment and one of the largest bronze lions in the world in front. The bus guy told us that people used that people used to enter through the mouth of a giant lion, but because if is considered unlucky by some cultures they had to change things.


This is the front desk at our hotel the Excalibur. Note the medieval theme.


We actually did get to see Elvis although we did not get to hear him sing, alas!



This is a dancer near a gambling area.


This is the Foyer of the Luxor - it features water along with some nice replicas of Egyptian sculpture.


Outside is a pyramid and the sphinx.


This is an interior of New York, New York.


This is the theater in New York, New York. They were performing Zumanity there.


This is what I expected to find in Las Vegas - but there was a lot less tacky stuff than I expected.


Of course I am pretty good at finding tacky so stay tuned for future pictures.

No comments: