Tuesday 24 June 2008

Holidays in Texas

Now that I am back from my vacation in Texas, I thought I would add a few more pictures. My life has been so busy lately, that I have had no time for blogging (mine or anyone else's alas).

We went down to Texas to visit my Mom and sisters. Despite the cost of gasoline, it was a lovely trip. We went to the Houston arboretum, had lovely meals out just plain visited.

Of course no trip to Houston would be complete without a visit to an unusual museum. (Last year you may remember we went to the Museum of the weird (Read about it here.) We just happened to land at the doorstep of the Funeral Museum, so in we went. Of course who would not want to be buried in one of these Ghanaian crab coffins (probably designed for fishermen)?



And here is a pretty fancy casket:



There were other interesting objects to view. many pictures, some mourning clothes and jewelry and they had hearses, of course.



of many different varieties....



This Japanese style one was pretty impressive.





The inside was especially lovely.



There were also coffins. I think I showed the money coffin in a prior blog, but here it is again.




And I could so see Jenny from Good Mom Bad Mom in this Snow White glass coffin all dressed in pink with black goth fishnet stockings and long gloves.



My sister has already pointed out that we spent a lot of our time eating and of course the best time spent, was that hanging out with the family. Somehow my family isn't like everyone else's. Here is a picture of Drycleaning Aunt, Bad Mama, Violet, Grandma and Reggie at a nice little Japanese restaurant.



Is this what your family looks like when they eat out?

1 comment:

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Should I be disturbed or flattered that you picked out a coffin for me.

I'm going with flattered. And also the fishnet stockings.