Friday 17 June 2016

Sundry Garden Stuff

This year I was so busy with work that I got a very late start on my garden. It is finally startingto come along, but with all the rain we have been getting, I have had a hard time getting ahead of the weeds.  I started off laboriously digging up all the noxious weeds so that I would have a pure garden. Now I've gotten to the point where I am furiously ripping the leaves of weeds off of their roots to just make it look a little better and I'm still way behind!!

This is my reconstitution of the garden my mother designed last year. Unfortunately the hosta had grown so large that it hid some of the flowers - not to mention it dwarfed everything behind it.


So I traded the hosta for a smaller one and this is what it looks like now!


It is a little sparse, but it looks better, I think. Below are some of the flowers in the garden. 


  

Here is another trouble spot, overrun by creeping charlie. There was so much of it in front of the bed that everything looked messy. 

 

Unfortunately when I dug it out there was a bare patch of ground in front of the bed, but even so, it looks a little better now.



I'm thrilled that a hibiscus I thought was dead has decided to do comeback:



Two final shots just for the heck of it. I want to show my progress on my Fox paws shawl or maybe blanket. It is coming along slowly.


And then here is a shot I caught of our bull dog, Aimee. It  captures her personality very well.



No comments: