Thursday 30 June 2016

First Day in New York

After I arrived the first thing I did was wander over to St Malachy's, the Actor's Chapel. You could see it from our hotel window. (Love the reflections from the glass windows on the nearby buildings.)


The inside was typical neo-gothic, but I still enjoyed visiting.



The next day we began our New York adventures starting off at a little breakfast place on our way to the Metropolitan Museum. We passed the Brill building with its beautiful architectural detail.


You can probably tell that Violet wasn't too thrilled with her pancakes. They were supposed to be cinnamon flavoured, but the subtelety was lost on her and they didn't give her any butter, so they were sort of boring starch cakes. I had an omelette which turned out to be a theme food for the trip.


We decided to walk to the Met and we passed cool street scenes


I took the above picture for my sister who couldn't come, because she loves the Soup Nazi.  Below is just a nice Urban scene.


 And what is a large city without its pigeons?


Then we headed to the Met through Central park. There was much to gawk at, including buskers and trees and even some interesting places to visit. They have a chess pavillion where you can play chess and register for simuls with grand masters.



There were a few people playing chess outside,


but the buidling was pretty desserted.

 
 We also saw this colorfully dressed man in the park.


There were lots of dog lovers in the park too.


We did eventually make it to the Met where I saw some of my favorite things, but I 'll save those for the next blog.

No comments: