Tuesday 23 February 2016

Sketch for new drawing

I decided to do a dream piece based on an interior of a famous Viennese Cafe, called Central Cafe. I wanted to populate it with famous people, although recognizing the people is much less important than the movement of the eye and the composition (which I am still working on. Here is the draft sketch.


 

Today I changed things a bit, but despite three hours of drawing I don't feel like I came forward very much!

Sorry about the lighting - I used the natural light from the window, but it gets darker the farther away from the window you are! (Imagine that!)



 

 The figures near the front have gotten bigger and I am not having much luck rendering the ones in back in a recognizable fashion, but I am trying to improve the composition.



No comments: