Saturday 25 December 2010

Sad Little Toys

I lost a dear friend today. I had already written this post, but as I edited it, it struck me how lonely these animals looked, probably because I felt lonely too. We miss you, Dana. I just can't imagine the world without you.


Some toys seem not to have gotten any humans for the holidays. We took a tour of Corpus this morning and discovered an awful lot of toys who just didn't reflect that holiday cheer. All of these sad toys were in the same drugstore. Somehow you just have to feel for them.


So many demoralized denizens of the store were to be found prone.


Some just looked down.


Some look like they felt unwell and unloved.



Mickey was just hanging around aimlessly.


Some just looked lost.


Others just couldn't get up.


Or didn't show their best sides.


Some were barely hanging on.


It's always best if you aren't alone.

But some sadness just cannot be surmounted.












Even outside of that store there was the same trace of sadness.


Santa, I know how you feel.

No comments: