Monday 5 October 2009

Driving to Delaware

Here are a few random photos related to our drive east. We saw this Bobcat at a rest area trying to get out of the sun!


For such a big candle, it sure didn't give off much light!


I was quite taken with this part of Columbus, Ohio.


These neighborhoods have a real feeling of character.



Here are a few Ohio highway shots.


Slowly it got hillier and more lush.


Some of the buildings were quite pretty.


There were always the very recognizable farms of the central United States.


Every day sights of the American landscape.







As we drove by Morgantown,west Virginia, I thought back to all the wonderful laughs I had gotten from one of its native sons, Don Knotts.



What follows are some photos I took out the car window. I don't have too much to say about them, but they chronicle the landscape and its variations on the way east.



We stopped at a rest stop and welcome center in Maryland and I took a few pictures here and there.




We stopped at a rest stop in Maryland and there were signs of autumn colors.

A farm that we saw on the road going through Maryland.


Roadside scenery.


I'm always fascinated by the rock strata when they cut through the mountains to make roads.


I do so miss having mountains in Minnesota!


Here is awood pecker in my mother-in-law's back yard.


No comments: