Monday 2 July 2018

Flight to Athens

I have had a long time goal of visiting Greece, but every time I tried, something went wrong. The third time is a charm and so over the next few days I hope to be posting pictures and some verbal descriptions. I probably took some 2500 photos by the time the trip was over, so it may take a while to get everything organized, but in the mean time, here are a few images from the flight over.

This is a Snoopy statue in our local airport. It is certainly the way I feel when I travel to a new place. I had packed very light this time and could join in the happy dance with ease.


 Saying goodbye to the familiar...


we headed to our transfer flight in New York.


The weather cleared up and there were nice views of the New York skyline.

We could even see the little island with the statue of liberty. (It is on the right in both of these pictures- not very distinct, but it is there.)

Manhattan features prominently in this photo.


Here is a blow up.

And here is a blow up of the statue of liberty (even though it is fuzzy). It is hard not to get excited by the statue of liberty. I know that my grandparents must have passed it when they came through Ellis Island.

Here are sundry other aerial shots of the Big Apple.


And then we were off. I have no idea where these mountains are that we passed on our way to the Greek Islands.


And after three movies (I, Tonya, Black Panther, and most of A Wrinkle in Time) and a little bit of snoozing we were there.


And there lay Athens at our feet!


At the airport we collected our luggage and prepared ourselves for our big adventure!




No comments: