Sunday 10 September 2017

Ho Hum ....another self portrait assignment in another art class

A favorite assignment in Art classes seems to be self portraits. I know I should have assembled a collection of objects that represent who I feel I am, but I took what I thought would be the easy way out - yet another realitic representation. This time though I decided to use pen and ink (something Iam not so good at.)  I did at least 4-5 images that were so awful that I couldn't bear to look at them. They made me look so old and ugly.  Finally I got one that made me look like Anton von Leewenhoek, so, since I was thoroughly tired of drawing my self, I just pasted it into my journal and had done with it.  Today I decided to try one more time. Here is the microbiologist:

 I am certainly not that attractive, but I liked it better than the versions that made me look like Baba Yaga.

I think this one is more accurate.

Yup, that is pretty much me!

No comments: