Monday 25 July 2016

Trip to Texas

I will try to get back to my New York visit again laer, but in the mean time I took a short trip to Texas to visit my family and so I htought I would put up some images from that.

Originally I was going to drive, but after a sleepless night I changed my mind and got a ticket on Spirit airlines. I was a bit  trepidatious, because I had heard bad things about the airline, and they do indeed try to  nickel and dime you to death with additional charges for baggage, seats etc. BUT I do have to say I was pretty impressed with the airline and they are cute and I had no difficulties! Yes, the plane is very "minimal". Seats do not recline. There are no meals or frills, but the crew is friendly, the airline has a youthful feel to it and every thing ran smoothly. (Plus I got a direct flight which was really, really great.)

I left in the evening 


and had he moon with me for the entire trip.  My spousal unit claims that my super power is always knowing where the moon is. (Not perhaps the most exciting of super powers, but at least I have one! ;-) )


Here is an example of the "cuteness" of Spirit airlines. - You look out the window and on the wing tip you see a greeting:


I stayed in a nice hotel in the Westchase area (Country Inns and Suites) . It had a swimming pool and very clean and hospitable rooms.


It was wonderful being with my family. We went grocery shopping together.


and had a nice meal together the next day.

No comments: